If you want to rule the web development world, then only having a normal website is not enough. To attain a prominent position online, you have to make your website looks professional and eye-catchy. There are so many designing practices are running and using by the web designers to give the modern yet user-friendly looks to the website.
Nowadays one web designing practice is highly appreciated and adopted by website designers around the world is Sketch to HTML conversion. This amazing designing practice does not only give an attractive look to the website but also aid to load it faster and compatible with different devices and browsers.
Most of the web design services provider companies are adopting this practice. Do you have any idea what this designing practice is all about? If no, then let’s get into this guide and explore it.
Sketch vs. Photoshop (Prerequisite for Converting Sketch to HTML)
Before converting the Sketch to HTML, it is important to know how the sketch is better than Photoshop or its other competitors. Here we would explain a few points regarding Sketch vs. Photoshop. Let’s have a look at these vital points and understand which would is the best for the UI design.
- Website designers mainly prefer high-definition over regular displays. This is the reason Sketch is widely chosen by the people because it has the option to resize objects efficiently. Photoshop and others pixelate while Sketch does not. The sketch is a vector-based graphic and this is why it does not pixelate.
- The website design services agency uses the Sketch because it allows us to create several artboards and known for its smooth work. On the other hand, Photoshop works on a single canvas at a time.
- It is an extremely easy process for the website designers for creating and designing the logos but with others, it can be a tedious task.
- Owing to the availability of a UI kit, Sketch is best for wireframes but others are not.
- Sketch has UI that is simple to understand and intuitive but in Photoshop, it is missing.
- For pinning a transparent layout guide and changing the column, Sketch is best because it has a built-in layout grid.
- The sketch is also preferred by the web designing agency because it is a lighter version than PSD.
Due to all these advantages, it is ideal to convert Sketch to HTML. It is simple to use as well as scalable. The sketch is the best choice among the web design services company because it is fast and delivers astonishing design results.
Vital Aspects to Convert Sketch to HTML
1. The search engine friendliness
A website is designed wonderfully to catch the attention of the customers as well as search engines. When a website is professionally designed and has amazing features, then it would visible online. So, follow the W3C coding norms and ensure that your conversion from Sketch to HTML should be search engine-friendly.
2. High Page Speed
Achieving a high position in the search engine result pages by your website is only possible when it provides a good customer experience. And, in it, page speed matters a lot. So, while converting sketch into HTML, just keep the close check on the web page loading speed.
3. Cross-Browser Compatible Websites
If you are thinking to convert the Sketch into HTML, then just keep in check that your website should be designed in such a way that it operates across all browsers in a hassle-free manner. Perform the testing to ensure the cross-browser compatibility of your web pages.
Advantages of Sketch to HTML conversion
Several advantages encourage people to use the Sketch. There is no doubt that Sketch is the best designing tool that makes the web development process easier. Let’s have look at the prime advantages why to convert Sketch to HTML.
1. Easy Exporting
This is one of the most important benefits of converting sketch into HTML because it speeds up the web development process fast by allowing designers to save layers individually. Also, It is easy to exporting the object to achieve retina-friendly visuals.
2. Comprehensive Guide
A sketch is a wonderful tool that offers a smart guide that will help developers for using the tool effectively. Apart from this, with the use of the ALT key, developers can handle spacing and create the most amazing website.
3. Can Resize Objects
Due to the vector for, it is easy to resize objects that even without disturbing the quality by the Sketch designing tool.
The Built-in-grids feature of Sketch allows developers to align layers smartly. Also, you can perfectly customize the column width according to the web development needs.
You can draw a different range of the art-boards in Sketch. And, you can analyze how things will work after completing the design.
Steps or Strategies to Convert Sketch to Html
1. Export the code
This is the simple process in which you have to select “Export HTML code”.
2. Code Package
In the zip file, there are HTML, images, fonts, and CSS files. Now choose the file format PNG or SVG in which you are wishing to export the layers. After that, you have to choose the right location where you want to save the export.